Wednesday 15 January 2014

MAC Modesty Lipstick

My last MAC lipstick post was one of the two new beauties I'd invested in. I thought it was time to discuss my opinion on my other. I'm a massive fan of big bold lips on brunettes, however in the daytime it sometimes just doesn't suit a very casual laid back look. But I didn't want that to tarnish my love for lipstick and wanted to find something I could wear everyday. I've always been a fan of nude lipsticks on other people. They've never been something that suited me though, I'm not sure whether it's because I always pick something that washes out my complexion which is not a good look, especially in the colder months.


Behold, MAC Modesty is for me, the perfect nude. With a pink hue and that 'your lips but better' shade it makes perfect for everyday wear as well as muting down your evening look with bold smoky eyes. The lipstick is in one of my favourite finishes, Cremesheen, which makes it super creamy and moisturising on the lips so doesn't require much prep. Cremesheen is a lot more pigmented than Lustre and Glaze which does means it does require as much product to get the impact you want.  Because of the colour and finish, it's quite a low maintenance choice and doesn't require too much precision in application or topping up which makes it a great everyday pick.


It is a colour you'll need to learn to work with. At first I hated it and found it to be too glossy and muted. However if you blot it, it will eliminate most of the excess sheen and also help it to last longer on the lips. I'd definitely recommend this shade to those of you with fair-olive skin tones and would probably say it's slightly on the light side for darker tones but each to their own! MAC lipsticks are still standing at £15, pricey but always an investment. This has quickly become one of my favourite lipsticks and I wear it pretty much everyday.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It looks like a gorgeous colour. Definitely need to try some shades likes this! Just started following you :) Josie xxx

    http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful! Well worth the money. Thanks for the follow, returned the favour :) A x

      Delete

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig