Saturday 23 January 2016

Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer

Foundation is one of those products I don't like to switch up a lot and try new things. If I find something I like and it works for me, if it's not broken why fix it right? However about 6 months ago when my beloved Anti Blemish Solutions Make-Up Foundation had come to an end, I fancied a change. At the time Clinique had just released a new product into its family of foundations: Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. As my skin has cleared up fantastic amounts over the past couple of years I decided it was time to focus on a more flawless complexion as opposed to a high coverage. On recommendation I decided to give it and try, and I've never looked back since.


Beyond Perfecting is targeted to all skin types and leaves the skin feeling well moisturised throughout the day. It provides a moderate-full coverage and a little bit goes a very long way, it's taken me 6 months to almost come to the end of my first bottle, I don't think I've ever had a foundation last this long! It comes in 22 different shades, the selection was fewer before but upon request they have expanded it, which is a blessing for paler girls who struggle with the lightest shades on offer at times.

It comes in a glass bottle with a plastic screw lid, inside said lid is a doe foot sponge applicator. This makes it super easy to spot apply to areas of your face or the back of your hand so that you can then apply to the face. This means you save a hell of a lot of foundation compared to pump or pour bottles where you end up wasting half the product. I use my Clinique Foundation Brush to apply, it comes in a slow-dry formula which means you have plenty of time to work with the product to create a seamless coverage. It leaves you with a natural-matte finish so you only need to powder in your oily areas to leave a natural finish to the face.


I do still use concealer on pesky blemishes and under my eyes but if I'm in a rush, I can get away with missing it out and my face still looks pretty flawless so top trumps on the whole purpose of the foundation there Clinique! It's one of the only foundations I've used which still looks great after a long shift at work even under the test of my super oily skin. It doesn't dry cakey and feels light and hydrating on the skin. Being oil-free, it keeps my complexion nice and clear too which is a massive bonus. It doesn't oxidise like most foundations, the colour stays true throughout the day.

You don't just have to use this as a full coverage foundation either, the applicator makes it easy to spot conceal instead on those good skin days (if you're brave enough!)  I really do love this foundation and I've just purchased my second bottle, it's just gone up to £25 but with how long my last bottle lived for, I really can't complain about the price tag. It's going to take a wonder product to knock this out of my make-up bag any time soon.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi you haven’t mentioned the shade and undertone of the foundation.

    ReplyDelete

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig