Monday 13 January 2014

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

I'm always open to different ways of taking my make-up off. I find it the most important part of my skincare routine as going to bed with make-up left of your face is the worst skincare sin going. Generally I'm very much a face wash kinda gal, having oily skin I don't like to smother it in rich products that will block my pores. To get the majority of my make-up off I'd use face wipes and then wash with a gel wash. This method seems to make my skin even more oily as it strips the skin quite badly.


I did some research and found creamy cleansers to be the best option for skin. However I'm not a fan of cream cleansers as they leave my face feeling still dirty and sticky. Recently I've read a lot about cleansing balms. Very similar but different consistency altogether. Thought I'd pick one up and give it a go.

 Clinique's Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is a hard consistency in it's tub, it's difficult to describe but it's similar to wax. You only need to scrap off a small amount with your finger and then rub it together in your fingers, a little goes a long way. It then turns into an thick oil. You the use your fingers to massage the product all over your face. I like to do this once in the morning with a bare face and double cleanse in the evening with a face full of make-up to make sure my skin is thoroughly cleansed. You then rinse the product off with your hands or use a damp muslin cloth, and then pat dry with a towel.


I was worried it would be too rich for my skin as I have oily/combination skin so I didn't want to add excess oil to my skin. However, it does say it's suitable for all skin types which is true, when rinsed off your skin is completely clean and no oily residue is left behind.  I didn't expect much from this product but it is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. Regardless of what product I use, I usually always still have make-up left on my face when drying my face on a towel, with this stuff I haven't had that problem once. It leaves my skin super soft and not irritated, absolute pleasure for removing make-up of an evening. The formula is super gentle and fragrance free.

I only use mine on evenings although it can be used  in the mornings too. This is one of Clinique's hidden gems, and regardless of it's £21 price tag, I will repurchase over and over again. I've been using mine almost a month now and I'm only about a quarter of my way through so I'd say it's well worth the investment for your skin.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig