Thursday 17 April 2014

Real Techniques Starter Set

Real Techniques are my all time favourite brushes, and it's not surprise I own almost everything they have to offer. In the past few years I've become a keen eye shadow wearer, nothing too adventurous, more neutral colours. It helps even out any discoloration I have in the eye area and makes me look more awake and healthy. When I picked up the core collection it was buy one get one half price on all Real Techniques, so I picked up the starter set which is a set of brushes to use with application of eye make-up as I thought it would be useful.


The set consists of 4 brushes; a deluxe crease brush, base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel point eyeliner brush and brow brush. It comes with the standard case in all Real Techniques sets which the brushes can be held in to travel with and it also doubles up as a stand. The brushes are made of taklon which is 100% synthetic hair and cruelty-free. The handles are made from aluminium and rubber which make them super light to hold. The set retails for £21.99 and perfect for those of you who love a bit of blending, contouring and lining with shadows and eyeliners in the eye area.

  • Deluxe Crease Brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring.
  • Base Shadow Brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour.
  • Accent Brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting and smudging.
  • Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush: tapered cut is ideal for sense or fine eyeliner application.
  • Brow Brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows.

What I use each brush for

Deluxe Crease Brush: This big is the fluffiest, biggest, eye brush I have ever used. Although it is targeted for blending and contouring in the socket, I prefer to use this as my base brush. It's good at applying a neautral base colour all over the lid quickly and effortlessly. It is also great for it's main purpose, blending colour into the crease.

Base Shadow Brush: I use this brush for absolutely everything. Applying shadow to the base of my eye and blending into the crease. Also I use it for applying highlighter below the brow bone and above my cupids bow. This brush is a great all-round eye brush and an essential in any eye shadow wearers brush collection.

Accent Brush: I soley use my accent brush for apply darker colours as eyeliner under the eye towards the outer socket. It's exactly the right density and size to be very precise with the line you create and allows to you have good control. It can also be used to highlight the inner corners of the eyes.

Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush: I must admit, I don't use this brush hardly ever. Maybe that's just because I personally haven't found a use for it yet. I don't really use liquid liner anymore but it could easily be useful to create winged liner with liquid liner.

Brow Brush: I did used to use this brush for filing in my brows with shadow before I started using Benefit Gimmie Brow. However, I did find it slightly chunky and prefered using my MAC 217 for brows. Instead I use it to line lighter colour under the eye on the inner corner. Can also be used to line the lids with shadow too.


I only owned 2 eye brushes before I invested in this set and they were both MAC brushes which were super expensive. For less than the cost of both of those brushes together, I have gained 5 excellent brushes that are super useful. Although I don't use the Pixel Point Eyeliner brush personally, I do believe this set is an excellent investment to anyone who uses eye make-up whether you wear one basic eye colour or experiment in blending and contouring all different colours at once. The synthetic hair is super easy to clean should you use and cream shadows which won't absorb product either. The set retails for £21.99 which is an absolute bargain as with all Real Techniques brushes. I haven't experienced any shedding of hairs with any of brushes and they all dry super quickly when cleaned also.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig