Monday 21 April 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush: 03 Berry Pop


Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop Boots £16.50

You've most likely heard of these new additions to Clinique, who might I say have absolutely stepped up their skincare and make-up recently, bravo. I have to admit, I don't wear blush, it's something that doesn't really appeal to me. I love bronzer but having seen too many tragic blusher applications on girls, it's steered me away from giving them a real chance. However, when I saw these little beauties, I couldn't resist shelling out for one and giving it a go.

Let's start with the design. Being a spring launch they've made the packaging super cute with the blush itself being in the shape of a flower (I guessed a daisy, I may be wrong?) It's in a clear plastic compact case with a satisfying click clasp and the usual silver Clinique logo. The case itself is super sturdy and easy to travel with so you don't have to worry about the product smashing. Nice and simple, just what I adore from Clinique.

Colour-wise, I am speaking solely for 03 Berry Pop, although there are 3 other shades in the collection; 01 Ginger Pop, 02 Peach Pop and 04 Plum Pop. I chose Berry Pop as it looked the most wearable to me, but there are shades to suit every skin-tone which are all gorgeous. Berry Pop itself is a vibrant cool toned pink, it's a matte blush and doesn't have any shimmer in it. I find this blush is best applied with a stippling brush such as the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, when swirled in the blush there isn't any fall out and the daisy embossed is fully intact showing a little goes a long way. The texture is like no other, the only way to explain it is a mix between a powder and a cream blush. It has a velvety feel and isn't sticky like a cream blush but not as chalky as a powder blush.


It applies effortlessly and the finish is beautiful, it looks very natural and doesn't sit in the pores and enhance them. The blush is very pigmented meaning it can be applied lightly for a just there pinch of colour or built up to the full colour in the pan for a more statement colour. The longevity of the blush is excellent, I wear it sheer/moderate and it lasts around 6-8 hours without the need for touch ups without losing their colour throughout the day. Although they are a little pricey, I reckon these will last a pretty long time so that justifies the price tag for me. Overall, these are excellent little blushes and I am completely besotted by them, it won't be long before I'm back at the Clinique counter picking up the rest of them.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig