Monday 12 August 2013

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons

I seem to have gone from hating lip products to not being able to get enough of them lately. Whilst on my daily blog read yesterday I saw a few posts popping up of reviewing the new Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayons. However, they were all sponsored and I feel like you don't get the full 360 of the products from these reviews. So I went out to Boots and picked up 3 of the 4 colours as they were on 3 for 2 to give you my input on  them.

(Left to Right: #04 Peach on the Beach, #02 Fuschia Libre, #01 Red Sunshine)

 It may sound silly but I didn't know what to expect from these at all. I've seen them being compared a lot to the Clinque Chubby Sticks and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balms. I haven't tried either of these products before so I was pretty open minded here. The packaging is really current and great for travelling, although they haven't swayed much from Clinque's and Revlon's previous designs which is disappointing. However, they claim the formula is enriched with Silk extract is light and non-sticky. Also that is gives colour and moisture to the lips for up to 10 hours and that it is also waterproof. Not to mention the impressive colour range, which I don't think one colour could be faulted and SPF 15.

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in #01 Red Sunshine

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in #02 Fuchsia Libre

Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in #04 Peach on the Beach

I am super impressed with the formula of these bad boys. I honestly didn't think they'd apply half as effortlessly as they do, they just glide right on like a dream. They feel super soft and silky on the lips and are really moisturising. The colour pay off is incredible and you can build them up or smudge them to sheer them down as they are super pigmented. However, I did have to reapply several times and don't think they last anywhere near 10 hours, the gloss tends to wear quickly but the colour will linger longer. They are retractable so there's no need for sharpening and the shape of them make them easy to apply.



SHARE:

1 comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig