Sunday 8 February 2015

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

I'm very loyal to my foundation choices and when I finally find something that works with my skin type, I stick to it for months on end. Recently having returned to university, my funds are a little lower than when working full time and when my beloved Clinique foundation came to and end, I thought I'd try out a drugstore alternative. The last time this happened I think I was about 16, so I obviously felt very lost amongst the make-up shelves.

 
Having tried Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and being left feeling like my face resembled a Edward Cullen in the sun, I was reluctant to try the little glass bottle with the blue top sitting next to it that everyone raves about so much. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation is a light perfecting radiance foundation, promising dewy, traceless coverage which adapts to your skin tone under any light. I usually stay clear from anything remotely dewy and stick to matte formulas as my skin is super oily and most foundations slide after a few hours.


Let's start with the packaging. The little glass bottle gives it a high end feel and is nice and sturdy too. Once you've removed the blue plastic top you are greeted by a lovely blue pump which disperses the foundation easily and mess-free (glorious!) It doesn't look too shabby for drugstore and I'm happy to have it sit on my dressing table. The product comes in the standard 30ml offering and for £6.99, it's reasonably priced, I should expect this to last me a good few months too!


The foundation itself is quite a runny consistency but a little goes a long way, one and a half pumps is enough to cover my whole face. I found it a little sheer on first application but after using it again I found it could be built up to a medium coverage too. I've been lucky enough to have some good skin days recently so it's looked pretty good so far although if you suffer from irritated blemishes often, I probably wouldn't recommend this unless you're armed with a heavy duty concealer too. It applies so easy and effortlessly with or without a brush, it really is seamless and so much easier to work with than other foundations. It is quite a dewy foundation and being oily skinned, I had to powder quite a bit. It also has an SPF of 18 which is a bonus as my moisturiser doesn't have any in it. My shade is 100 ivory which I feel is perfect for me, this is the second lightest shade of the 10.

 
Overall I really do like this foundation, it obviously isn't a match for some high end alternatives but for those on a budget with dry/combination skin, I'd say this was perfect for you. Not the worst foundation for us oily girls as long as your armed with a powder throughout the day although it did last a good 8 hours on a night out recently so it won't be left at the bottom of my make-up bag anytime soon.


Have you tried Rimmel Match Perfection yet?
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig