Friday 27 February 2015

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Ever since Bioderma rocked the beauty world, micellar waters have been a big thing. Gone are the days of faffing with make-up wipes and creamy cleansers that left our skin feeling tacky and gave us a host of blemishes in the morning. With Bioderma being such an expensive, pain in the bum to get hold of, the UK market has seen it's fair share of competitors jumping on the gap in the market. I decided to give Garnier's offering a whirl and here are my thoughts.
 
Garnier Micellar Water
 
The micellar water is hosted in a generous 400ml bottle which claims to give you 200 uses of product. I wouldn't say that's too accurate and you will go through a couple of soaked cotton pads to remove a face of make-up. Although it lasted me a good few months with everyday use. The bottle is plastic with a flip cap to prevent leaking, I carry mine around in suitcases weekly to and from university and have yet to experience any spillage despite getting bashed about! So how does it work? Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water contains micelles which act like magnets, gently lifting away makeup and impurities from the skin, without the need to rub or rinse.  The formula is suitable for the face, eye area and lips, has no perfume making it suitable for sensitive skin; although more recently they have developed an additional combination and sensitive formula. It retails at £4.99, although it's almost always on offer in most supermarkets and drugstores.
 
Garnier Micellar Water
 
The product works a dream, even with my daily war paint, a few cotton pads soaked in this gets almost everything off. The formula feels soothing and refreshing on the face, it's hard to believe this isn't just wiping water on your face. It has a slight scent to it that I'm not the biggest fan of, although it's nothing too strong to bother anyone. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or cause me to breakout even without cleansing afterwards. This has quickly become my go to make-up remover for those nights where you just don't have the energy to do the whole cleansing routine at the sink but don't want to undergo the dreaded sleeping in your make-up sin. However, on a daily basis I like to also freshen things up a little more by using a facial wash after just to make sure absolutely everything is removed. My first bottle lasted me around 3 months using it everyday and I'm into my second bottle now. A repurchase from me means definitely gets the seal of approval from me and has become part of my staple skincare routine.
 
 
Which micellar water has won over your cleansing routine?
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig