Thursday 25 July 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

I'm a massive fan of Urban Decay, especially their eye shadows. I had wanted a Naked palette for ages, I use more neutral colours on my eyelids for day and evening wear. With the Naked, Naked 2 and Naked Basics around, it's hard to know which one to go for. I thought I'd do a little review on the Naked 2, my favourite of the palettes.


First of all, the packaging is very sleek. As an upgrade on the original Naked packaging they've gone for a tin case as opposed to card and fabric. I prefer this as it's much easier to keep clean and doesn't get so grubby. It's also a lot more sturdy than the original which makes it easy to transport, however it's still not quite small enough to fit in my make-up bag.


The palette hosts 12 eye shadows as well as a double sided brush and a large mirror. The mirror is very useful for on the go application although I don't tend to use it much. The brush is fully synthetic and doesn't work too great at holding the shadows on the hairs, I find my MAC natural bristle brushes catch onto the shadow much better and blend well leaving a more seamless finish. The shadows are all highly pigmented and apply well. There are a range of neutral shades from mattes to shimmers to glitters.


(Left to Right: Chopper, Bootycall, Half Baked, Foxy)


(Left to Right: Pistol, Suspect, Snakebite, Tease)


(Left to Right: Blackout, Busted, YDK, Verve)

Over the last year I've owned this palette I've used it pretty much everyday. I tend to use Foxy as a base colour and Tease to contour in the eye socket for an everyday look. I haven't experimented much with evening looks but there is a great selection and I'll continue to use the palette regularly. The only dislike is that you can get a lot of fallout and invested in a good eye primer such as the Urban Decay Primer Potion is a good call.

The palette retails for around £36 and I think it's worth every penny. I'm definitely considering invested in the Naked Basics palette as it's far more compact and hosts matte only shades which is my personal preference. However, the Naked 2 is a delight to use and definitely one of the best neutral palettes on the market.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig