Sunday 25 September 2016

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

If you haven't heard of Nars Sheer Glow you've probably been hiding under a beauty rock somewhere. But if you've stumbled across this researching if it's worth shelling out your cash for or just because it's popped up in your notifications. I'm ready to tell you, the good, the bad and the ugly on the little bottle.


I'm quite fussy when it comes to foundations, I'll find one that really works for me (which is a miracle) and I'll just stick to using that for year, in fear anything else will break me out or simply look rubbish. I have quite oily skin, although a lot clearer in terms on blemishes compared to earlier years, I still need somewhat of a decent coverage to fix up my uneven complexion and tired face. Nars Sheer Glow promises a glowing, natural radiant finish with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. It is recommended normal to dry skin types due to it's hydrating properties.

I researched up a lot on this beforehand, and most people claimed it was suitable for everyone, even recommending it for oily skin types over the matte version. After using the matching tool on Findation it matched me to the colour Mont Blanc (although this is a little too light for me, and next time I'll go a shade darker). As it comes in a screw top glass bottle, I also brought a foundation pump, although it's £3 extra, it's well worth it in the amount of product save by dispensing it more economically.


It is a water-based foundation meaning it is very thin and runny in consistency, however a little of this goes a very long way and the medium coverage can be built up for a heavier coverage. I apply the foundation with a Sigma F80 Kabuki Brush, two pumps is enough for a moderate coverage and three for a more fuller coverage. The formula does require a fair amount of time and effort with blending but the results look great. The pay off is a slightly dewy, natural finish. It looks great on it's own but can also be teamed up with a setting powder for us oily skin types.

The foundation wears nicely on the skin throughout the day and doesn't leave me looking greasy. However, because the formula is so thin, it doesn't sit quite right around my eye area and can crease, but this isn't a deal breaker for me. In fact, it sits on drier patches and blemishes a lot better than heavy coverage foundations due to it's hydrating properties. It covers the redness around my nose and chin area well and provides a natural looking base.

I've included some before and after pictures showing my bare face and then a moderate application of the foundation (apologies for my bug eyes and redness).


I can go up to 4 hours before it requires any blotting or powder from me which is rare from even foundations targeted to oily skin types. Although it's £31 a bottle, after almost 3 months I am around a third through my first bottle so price per wear is relatively low. Overall, I'm really pleased I took the plunge in trying this after so many years. I can honestly recommend it to anyone of any skin type, looking for a light-above moderate coverage wanting a natural looking finish.

My only downside with this is that I'm not the biggest fan of glass bottles as I travel a lot, but it's pretty thick and durable and I haven't experienced any breakages yet. Also the fact it doesn't come with a pump for the price is pretty rubbish too, but if you purchase one, you can reuse it with each new bottle, so it isn't all doom and gloom. Apart from this, there aren't any quibbles from me!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig