Thursday 22 September 2016

Tom Ford Orchid Soleil

On the hunt for a new perfume to dabble in after my beloved Marc Jacobs Decadence (amazing, amazing fragrance) is coming to an end, I stumbled across something I thought I'd never try. Tom Ford perfumes are something I've never been the biggest fan of, the men's offerings are pretty good but I find the women's are very dark, musky and overpowering at times. However in July 2016 this little rose gold beauty hit the shelves and promises to bring a more floral, girly and summery addition to the current collection.


The bottle is gorgeous and would sit beautifully on any dressing table with pride. Simple but eye catching, the rose gold bottle with matching topper is accompanied by the classic Tom Ford branding taking centre position in a gold finish. The older I get the more I'm drawn to simple more classic perfume bottles, as much as I love Marc Jacobs huge toppers and details, they just aren't practical and take up a lot more space, especially when it comes to throwing it in your handbag.

I'll be honest, on first spritz I really wasn't too keen on this. I actually sprayed it onto a card and went for a walk around House of Fraser hoping it'd mute down a little. It is very strong, the sillage is heavy to say the least. It's spicy notes include pink pepper, bitter orange, cypress. It's heart notes include red spider lily and tuberose and finally it's base notes are chestnut cream, vanilla patchouli and orchid. I love that Tom Ford always go the extra mile to create something slightly different to the generic offerings by designers on the perfume market, picking more unique notes, and although very floral and sweet, Orchid Soleil is no exception to this.


Once it had settled down, I thought I'd just give it a go. The longevity of this perfume is incredible and although the price tag is a little more on the expensive side, a little of this goes a long way. I can usually still smell this on me at the end of the day and I rarely find myself having to top up throughout the day either. I decided to purchase the smallest bottle first, in case I fell out of love with it quickly, but it's probably earned a repurchase. I've had so many compliments on this and although classed as a summer fragrance, I definitely find it wearable throughout the colder seasons too.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig