Friday 23 May 2014

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer


If you're like me and suffer from dreaded acne or terrible under eye bags, concealer will be something necessary in your make-up routine. I'm not a massive fan of concealer, I always find it either doesn't give enough coverage, looks cakey, is never the right shades or wears off too quickly. On a recent 3 for 2 binge, I spotted the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer. After hearing so many positive comments and comparisons to the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot, I had to give it a try. I've been using this for a good few weeks now and I'm pleased to report back positive findings!


The handy sized compact contains 3 products - two concealers and a setting powder. The first concealer is a cool, pink toned colour is targeted at under eye use to correct dark circles. The second concealer is a cool, yellow toned colour which is for use on any areas of redness or blemishes which your foundation alone may not do the trick of covering. The last product is very transparent fine pressed powder which can be used to set any concealer to improve the longevity of staying power. The compact also hots a little mirror handy for on the go applications and a powder puff to apply the powder. I got the light version although there is also a medium if you have deeper skin tones.


 The first step is to apply the pink toned concealer under your eyes, the concealer is a very creamy and blends well. It has very good coverage and the pink tones help eliminate any dark circles I have. I really do like the colour of the concealer but I find it slightly heavy and it does tend to separate and show lines after a few hours and draws attention to the problem more which I don't like. For that reason I actually rarely use this anymore which is a shame. However, the second step is to use the yellow toned concealer on any redness and blemish. This, I love. It has the same consistency but as this is used on areas of the face where the skin is thicker where there are no creases, it sits a lot better. It covers up blemishes and after scars effortlessly and doesn't look cakey. It stays around for hours and I rarely ever had to reapply throughout the day which is great. It seems to stay put even with my oily skin and hot, humid weather where I expected it to melt being a creamy consistency and all.


The last step is to use the transparent powder to set your concealer. This is a great little setting powder and is very fine and doesn't build up easily like other powders. For this reason it's also handy for using as a general finish powder to set your face or just to touch up if your t zone becomes oily throughout the day. I have found the powder has been running down a lot quicker than my concealers as the quantity is no where near equal which is a shame.

Overall, this is an excellent little kit for £10 as you are essentially getting 3 products in one. The packaging makes it super handy to carry around in your handbag or to travel with in a small make-up bag. The quality of the concealer is great, the colour, coverage and staying power is equal to other high end concealers. Other people have commented that the packaging isn't great and that is breaks easily which can get messy, however, I haven't had a problem with mine and as long as you're not careless with the product and drop it often and knock it around in your bag, I don't see how it would break. I would definitely pick up another when I eventually run out of this which I don't see being any time soon which is great for my pennies!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig