Monday 16 December 2013

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Micellar Make-Up Remover Gel

Phew, what a name! Anyway I thought I'd give you a little review on my latest form of make-up remover because I think I've tried just about everything. I like to use some form of make-up remover before washing my face as I like to make sure it's super clean and make-up free to avoid any excessive breakouts. I've used creamy cleansers to face wipes but someone new has recently taken my eye and I just had to jump on the hype and give it a try.


Micellar waters have been popping up everywhere this year with several brands bringing out their versions. Micellar waters are essentially tiny oil molecules suspended in water. When applied to the face, the the gentle formula that doesn't require the assistance of water then grabs onto unwanted particles and dissolves them. Many people have raved about how good they are at removing make-up without being harsh and hosting several skin benefits. I haven't really bothered much until I noticed my favourite skincare brand had one too.  I'm a massive fan of La-Roche Posay products, my skin just thrives on them; my face never looks red, it keeps my break outs to a minimum and it doesn't burn or irritate my skin.

La Roche-Posay's version is in a gel form as opposed to other brands 'water' form. It's targeted towards those of us with sensitive, reactive skin that is prone to redness. The bottle instructs you to apply using a cotton pad or with your fingers and then wipe off carefully. You don't have to rinse the gel off but if you want to make sure your face is thoroughly cleaned I'd advise using a general face wash afterwards too.


I haven't been using the product for long but I'm so glad I picked it up and ditched my face wipes! The solution is incredibly refreshing and thoroughly cleansing which is unexpected for such a good remover. My skin wasn't left red and irritated from the scrubbing I'd have to do with face wipes and I feel that if I was in a rush to get to bed, this alone would do a decent job at removing make-up without waking up with a breakout. The only problem I had is that I had to use A LOT of cotton pads and a decent amount of product but I do wear pretty high coverage, heavy foundation so I'm not too fussed.

I really do recommend this to those of you with skin like mine who find it hard to get products targeted to 'sensitive' skin that hold that claim without doing a rubbish job. Not the cheapest micellar formula on the market, retailing at £12 but it's currently on offer at Boots for £9 so it's worth a shot!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig