Monday 21 October 2013

MAC Girl About Town Lipstick

Since moving to Nottingham I've definitely uped my game with making more of an effort on a daily basis with my make-up. Something I've really got into lately is wearing brighter colours on my lips, something I thought I'd never do! Anyhow, I've become quite addicted to MAC lipsticks and I knew my first stop for getting something to add to collection would be here.


I'm not a massive fan of pink lipsticks, being brunette with big brown eyes, I tend to steer towards berry and red and shades. However this time I went well out of my comfort zone. I wanted a bright pink, nothing too sickly, just something with a bit of kick but dark enough to focus the lips and become the main feature of my make-up. I've seen this shade kicking around on a few vloggers channels such as Tanya Burr and thought it looked stunning with brunette hair, win.


Girl About Town is a beautiful fuchsia pink with blue undertones. Blue undertones are perfect in  a lipstick as they suit a variety of complexion and also make your teeth look whiter which is always a good thing! As always, you pick one of these bad boys up from MAC for £15 (pricey I know). Girl About Town is an amplified which is my first encounter with this finish. It's quite a creamy consistency but the colour is much more bolder than a lustre. Perfect for those winter months where your lips aren't always in tip top condition.


The colour itself is a very bright pink but not sickly pink. I tend to stick to wearing it more of an evening as it's quite bold but could also be played down by keeping your face and eyes very simple in the day.The finish is quite glossy and you won't need to layer it up to much to get maximum impact for it's colour. It sits nicely on the lips without drying although it does need to be topped up as it transfers quite easily. The great thing about Girl About Town is it's super wearable all year round so it's a good investment for your lipstick collection.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig